For obvious reasons, companies in highly developed economies outsource some of their business functions to countries like the Philippines to save on costs particularly on human resources. The need to achieve improved profitability and thus satisfy investors’ expectations have led companies to outsource repeatable and non-core tasks to service providers offshore. For the most part, … Continue reading →
Position 1: PHP/Mysql Developer
Innovative, highly successful, go-forward New Zealand based company.
Exciting online marketing space
Great role based in Davao City.
Become a part of the dynamic and growing New Zealand based company Zeald.
Zeald design, build, implement and improve websites built on a variety of technologies, including many open source and cloud based CMS systems, such as WordPress, Drupal, Magento, Prestashop, Wix and Shopify.
- Taking a software specification and Implementing it as plugins and modifications for a variety of CMS platforms
- Maintenance and troubleshooting these platforms, including troubleshooting and fixing bugs for these platforms.
- Developing software from scratch, using PHP/Mysql, for Zeald’s internal use and to be used by our clients
- Managing website hosting using Parallels Plesk
This is a full-time salaried role based in Davao City that requires a minimum of 40-50 working hours per week. Usual work hours are 8:00am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
To succeed in this role the following attributes are required:
- 3+ years commercial experience as a back-end programmer developing PHP/Mysql software
- An excellent working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Substantial commercial experience with PHP/Mysql development
- Excellent knowledge of Mysql
- Experience developing plugins and modifications with at least two open source CMSs and software such as Drupal, Magento, WordPress
- Fast learning and adaptable – able to use the internet and other resources to quickly learn new technologies and resolve problems.
- Prepared to commit to the role for the long term (2 years+)
- You will be regularly liaising directly with a variety of our internal staff, so a good command of the English language is a must!
- You will need to be accurate in your work, and to be able to work quickly and accurately under pressure
A university-level degree in computer science/software engineering, or equivalent commercial experience
Longevity in this role is an important factor as this person will be a important person within Zeald. We want someone who will be committed to the role for a minimum of 2 years but ideally longer.
Position 2: Senior Web Developer
- To provide high level design for a web-based internet traffic billing systems (with online payment gateway).
- To lead/manage a project team to implement project design.
- To manage technical team for the maintenance and upgrade of running applications/systems.
- Must be knowledgeable in Visual Studio .Net Development Suite. MySQL/MSSQL
- Expertise and online payment gateway implementation experience a must. Minimum 5 years experience (Web and Systems Development) required.
- Excellent command of English, both oral & written
- Strong grasp of the Systems Development Life Cycle
- Strong grasp of E-Commerce applications / Shopping Cart software technology (X-Cart a BIG plus)
- Keen understanding of UI Design, especially for e-commerce
- Strong knowledge of PHP applications development
- Familiarity with Smarty Templates
- WordPress, SMF Forum Software
- Able to integrate Search Engine Optimization in development process
- Strong grasp of Apache / Linux hosting environment
- Strong discipline in documentation
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work seamlessly with teams across virtual borders
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while firefighting operational failures, when they occur
Position 3: Mobile Applications Developer
Our Client, a pioneer and fast-growing Web Hosting company needs highly talented mobile developers for iPhone/Android environment. The qualified candidate will have the opportunity to work with people using cutting edge technologies. The mobile developers will implement new and/or template-based designs for different companies around the world.
Requirement and Qualification:
- Objective-C and UIKit expertise
- An application developed by you in the App Store
- 3D OpenGL experience a plus
- Android/J2ME/Blackberry development experience a plus
- Shared examples of your code on github/code.google.com code a plus
- 1+ years of experience with the UIKit framework
- 3+ years Mac development experience using Cocoa/Objective-C
- C/C++ experience a plus
- Ability to develop against a variety of web architectures and services (HTTP, SOAP, REST, etc.)
- Knowledge of a scripting language a plus (Ruby, Perl, Python, BASH, etc)
- Must be able to start on May 1, 2011
- 2 Full-Time Positions Available
This account is under BOT arrangement. A career path await qualified candidates which includes rising in the ranks and becoming a direct employee of the client after a given period (when the client opens its own office in Davao City, Philippines).
In a recent survey by Nielsen Philippines, BPO employees have been quoted as one of the most formidable members of the growing middle class population in the Philippines. This result was based on the fact that most BPO employees have affluence on their spending habits than the average consumer spending on their needs. The interview, … Continue reading →
Hire people who share your values and make sure they understand that they can reach their goals by helping you and your company reach its goals; Look for people who are flexible, adaptable, willing to take risks, innovative, comfortable with change, and want to keep learning. They are the people who will propel your company’s … Continue reading →
Next BPO Solutions leads in setting up Digisource, Inc., the pioneer of Impact Sourcing in the Philippines
One of the major hurdles in society today is the soaring number of unemployed individuals in the community. Here alone in the Philippines, 7.5-percent of its total population alone is considered unemployed. The rate of jobless individuals in the country alone is increasing each year. The Philippines, considered a leader in the IT-BPO industry, is … Continue reading →