For obvious reasons, companies in highly developed economies outsource some of their business functions to countries like the Philippines to save on costs particularly on human resources. The need to achieve improved profitability and thus satisfy investors’ expectations have led companies to outsource repeatable and non-core tasks to service providers offshore. For the most part, … Continue reading →
Position: Position: Accountant/Bookkeeper
- Monthly accounting entries (sales, accruals, depreciation, prepaid, taxes etc)
- Prepare and issue GST / PST payments
- Prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports
- Data analysis as required
- Post journal entries and reconcile accounts, prepare trial balance of books, maintain general ledgers and prepare financial statements.
- Manage Cash Flow
- Manage Payroll via 3rd party service provider
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Collections (customer and supplier commissions)
- Maintain consistent naming and coding conventions throughout all systems
- Post transactions
- Other duties as required (including answering incoming calls, other assistant/administrative tasks)
- 10+ years as full cycle bookkeeper/accountant for multiple large accounts (50+ employees).
- Expertise in two different accounting systems. At least one of those system should have an ERP component (Great Plains, SAP, MAS, Netsuite)
- Some level of accounting designation (CMA, CGA, CPA);
- Audit/Tax experience for North American based company.
In a recent survey by Nielsen Philippines, BPO employees have been quoted as one of the most formidable members of the growing middle class population in the Philippines. This result was based on the fact that most BPO employees have affluence on their spending habits than the average consumer spending on their needs. The interview, … Continue reading →
Hire people who share your values and make sure they understand that they can reach their goals by helping you and your company reach its goals; Look for people who are flexible, adaptable, willing to take risks, innovative, comfortable with change, and want to keep learning. They are the people who will propel your company’s … Continue reading →
Next BPO Solutions leads in setting up Digisource, Inc., the pioneer of Impact Sourcing in the Philippines
One of the major hurdles in society today is the soaring number of unemployed individuals in the community. Here alone in the Philippines, 7.5-percent of its total population alone is considered unemployed. The rate of jobless individuals in the country alone is increasing each year. The Philippines, considered a leader in the IT-BPO industry, is … Continue reading →